Freeway Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client for the following role:
- Job Title: Drivers Mate
- Employment type: Temporary
- Shifts: Shift rotation pattern of Monday to Friday and Tuesday to Saturday.
- Start time: 07:00am
Our client is a leading national retail business who built reputation on delivering quality and superb customer service in everything they do. Our customer holds retail outlets and regional distribution hubs in key locations across the country. Freeway are looking to hire temporary staff to further support their transport and distribution requirements.
Job Role & Responsibilities :
- As a professional Drivers Mate you will be working as part of a 2 person delivery team ensuring the products are successfully and safely delivered to customers properties around the region
- You will be required to to customers premises by supporting the driver with all aspects of the delivery process, from vehicle loading, paperwork, customer delivery pre-calls, unloading and delivery
- All delivery runs will be multi drop between 6 - 15 drops per day
- Heavy lifting and manual handling of goods are involved in all deliveries and ability to be able to manoeuvre stock products is a must.
- Additional training and company specific processes and procedures will be offered to all drivers, to ensure that quality and safety measures are understood and delivered at all times.
- Average of 8 hours p/day working
- We are looking for a person who has a mature, professional attitude to their work. Exhibiting outstanding time keeping and reliability.
· Be competent and able to follow Health & Safety practices and procedures at all time
· Be reliable and hold excellent time keeping
· Hold a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to your work
· Good command of English both written and spoken
· Excellent communication skills
· Keep vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times
· Have excellent geographic knowledge of UK road network
· Have a positive attitude and a professional work ethic
· Smart appearance, as you will be representing Freeway & our client as a brand ambassador
Qualifications / Training / Experience :
- Previous Drivers Mate or Porter experience preferred
- 2 work references
Monday to Friday - £9.50 p/hour (Std PAYE Plus Holiday Pay Accrued on top of basic hourly rate). £14.25ph Overtime after 8 hours work (once break has been deducted. Minimum 8 hour pay if route and duties have been completed.
Saturday - £14.25 p/hour all hours worked
If you believe this role is for you, please apply online by submitting your CV.