Class 2 Home delivery
Freeway Recruitment are currently recruiting for a class 2 driver to join our client's home delivery team on an ongoing to permanent basis.
Working in a double manned team you will be responsible for the following;
- Daily checks on the Box Waggon ensuring to report any defects on check sheets.
- Ensuring Tacho hours and rules are adhered to
- Working with the Porter / second man to ensure Product is delivered in a professional manner to customers’ homes around the local and wider region
- You will be delivering on average anywhere between 5 to 15 Deliveries Approx., included in that could be a small number of inter-store deliveries or returns.
- Operating the Vehicle and the tail lift of the vehicle
- Liaising with the Operations manager daily.
The working week rotates 5 days over 6 with 2 Saturdays being working in a 3-week cycle.
There is an immediate start for the right candidate.
Pay £13.00 per hour PAYE or £15.00 Per hour Umbrella Paye Monday to Friday and Time + Half on a Saturday + Double time on Public holidays.
Overtime available after 40 hours worked per week Monday to Friday
Times 07:00 am start - contracted to a 9-hour day, paid a min of 8 for the shift
Requirements for the role:
You must have a full UK Driving licence with at the very least a (c) - Class 2 entitlement
No more than 6 points on licence with no DR IN MS OR DD offences
A full and valid CPC card and digital tachograph card
Experience of operating HGV box waggons at the very minimum class 2.
Operating Tail lifts
Experience of working within a home delivery capacity is an advantage although not essential.
Good communication skills.
Please apply by sending your CV
Immediate starts available