Role: Class 1 (HGV C+E) Driver - Nights
Job type: Temporary Ongoing or temp to Perm available
Start time/s: between 2100 & 2200
Days/shifts: Sunday to Thursday
Start date: Immediate based on registration
Job Role / Description:
· Class 1 Night Driver will be required to work regular ongoing nights, Sunday to Thursday shift pattern each week
· National trunking work, RDC to RDC, usually Class 1 Driver will carry out a run to a singular RDC, consisting of either, one drop, tip, drop/swap or collection and return to base.
· Curtainside trailers, no handball, very easy work which our drivers like
· Usual AM trunk run will be to a southern hub with a lengthy drive time on the tacho, sop plenty of hours
· Ongoing work where customer is ideally looking for full time driver to come on board to the transport team.
- Average of 10 hours working time per shift, between 50 - 55 hours a week.
- Be competent and able to follow Health & Safety practises and procedures at all time
- Be reliable and hold excellent time keeping
- Hold a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to your work
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills
- Keep vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Have excellent geographic knowledge of UK road network
- Have a positive attitude and a professional work ethic
- Smart appearance, as you will be representing Freeway Recruitment & our Client
Qualifications / training / experience:
You must be able to provide the following;
- Valid Class 1 driving licence
- Valid Digital tachograph card
- Valid Driver CPC card
- Have No more than 6 current points on licence (No DR/DD/IN Driving offences accepted)
- 2 work check-able work references
We accept Pate workers as well as Ltd and Umbrella. Rates advertised are for Paye (not including holiday pay)
Paye Standard – £14.50ph (holidays accrued) Or £16.25ph (holiday paid out)
Paye Umbrella - £16.25 per hour
Please submit your CV online if you feel this assignment is for you and you have the correct skills and qualifications for the role we are advertising.