Freeway Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client for the following role:
- Job Title: 7.5t HGV Driver
- Employment type: Permanent
- Shifts: Monday to Friday
- Start time: 0600am
Our client is a leading national retail business who built reputation on delivering quality and superb customer service in everything they do. Our customer holds retail outlets and regional distribution hubs in key locations across the country. Due to expansion Freeway are looking to hire 10 x 7.5 Tonne Drivers to further support their transport and distribution requirements on a permanent basis.
Job Role & Responsibilities :
- As a professional 7.5 tonne HGV driver you will be working as part of a 2 person delivery team ensuring the products are successfully and safely delivered to customers properties around the region
- You will be required to deliver heavy pre-built furniture to customers ensuring room of choice delivery is successfully completed
- All delivery runs will be multi drop which will require Drivers to work up to and beyond 12 hour shifts
- Heavy lifting and manual handling of goods are involved in all deliveries and ability to be able to manoeuvre stock products is a must.
- Additional training and company specific processes and procedures will be offered to all drivers, to ensure that quality and safety measures are understood and delivered at all times.
· Be competent and able to follow Health & Safety practises and procedures at all time
· Be reliable and hold excellent time keeping
· Hold a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to your work
· Good command of English both written and spoken
· Excellent communication skills
· Keep vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times
· Have excellent geographic knowledge of UK road network
· Have a positive attitude and a professional work ethic
· Smart appearance, as you will be representing Freeway & our client as a brand ambassador
Qualifications / Training / Experience :
- No DR's, DD's, IN's
- No more than 6 Driving infringement points
- Full UK HGV 7.5 Tonne Driving Licence or above.
- Driver Qualification Card (CPC Card)
- Digital Tachograph Card
- 2 work references
- £11.16 p/hour (Std PAYE Plus Holiday Pay Accrued on top of basic hourly rate)
If you believe this role is for you, please apply online by submitting your CV.